Canadian crooner and songwriter Tory Lanez was taken into custody after a judge said he violated Megan Thee Stallion’s restraining order against him.
Lanez, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, was reportedly handcuffed in a Los Angeles court during a pretrial hearing. He was then remanded for violating two types of orders filed in his case–a “discovery protective order” and a temporary criminal restraining order.
The 29-year-old musician is set to remain in custody for $350,000 bail as he reportedly disobeyed the orders by addressing Megan Thee Stallion on social media and discussing DNA evidence, prosecutors said.
Back in 2021, Lanez was accused of violating the original protective order previously filed by the Grammy Award-winning rapper, whose real name is Megan Pete. He allegedly shot her in the foot in July 2020 after they attended a party at Kylie Jenner’s house in the Hollywood Hills. “Dance b***h!” he reportedly told the “Thot S**t” rapper before allegedly pulling the trigger.
In October 2020, he was charged with felony assault with a semiautomatic firearm, carrying a loaded, unregistered handgun in a vehicle, and personal use of a gun. However, he pleaded not guilty.
“The truth will come to light,” Lanez tweeted about the case on Oct. 8, 2020. “I have all faith in God to show that. Love to all my fans and people that have stayed true to me & know my heart. A charge is not a conviction.”
⏰ will 🗣 … and the truth will come to the light … I have all faith in God to show that … love to all my fans and people that have stayed true to me & know my heart … a charge is not a conviction . If you have supported me or meg thru this , I genuinely appreciate u .
— Tory Lanez (@torylanez) October 9, 2020
His lawyer, Shawn Holley, said the district attorney’s office requested that his client’s most recent bail be revoked or increased to $5 million.
“We are pleased that the court rejected those outrageous requests,” said Holley.
The judge involved also added a new requirement for Lanez to be released, telling him “not to mention the complaining witness in this case in any social media.”
The Ontario native’s latest trial date has been scheduled for Sept. 14.